13 August 2008

Tobacco Road Cheeseburgers

I went to Tobacco Road this past weekend specifically to try their burger after seeing it high up in the South Florida AOL Top Ten List. It was nice getting back to Tobacco Road. I have had a few great nights there, crazy, but good times.

Well, we ordered chili cheese fries for an appetizer...they were tasty and plentiful. Nothing award winning, but good. I ordered the standard burger from the menu, as there were a few other creations. It also came with a side and I elected for the house salad as I already had more fries in front of me than I should be eating in 2 weeks time. I forgot to mention we went on a Saturday, late afternoon, and sat at the bar. You can see the cool picture of the bar top here. Very warn, wormy wood, with sand in the grooves, and different coats of lacquer. Some areas of wood are even exposed. Anyway, I ordered my burger mid-rare with cheddar and got it a bit over medium. It was also extremely tasty and I can see why it made the recent list. The potato roll was what won me over and the cheese was melted perfectly. I think the service is what really dragged me down. Our bartender was quite occupied with other things, I don't know exactly what things, but it wasn't us. Overall, a good burger. It will never make my personal top 5, but I'd go there again.

No comments: