21 August 2008

Rascal Flatts Concert

My girlfriend and I went to the Rascal Flatts / Taylor Swift concert last Sunday in West Palm Beach. Although I have respect for the artists, I didn't have a killer time. I guess it was the combination of a late Sunday night before working the next day, Tropical Storm Fay moving in and it raining nearly the entire time, and the Cruzan Ampitheature is so far from our place.

The one thing the event taught me is how popular Taylor and Rascal Flatts songs are. Nearly all of them were recognizable from local radio. The stage effects were great. The intermission entertainment of this dancing, singing, performing robot was really cool.

I definitely wish that country artists played at venues farther south towards or in Miami. We have to always go to West Palm Beach to see country music live. Will someone please tell me why there are no country concerts in Miami?

No comments: