14 August 2008

Dolphins rant

Will someone please tell me why the Miami Dolphins picked up Chad Pennington? They solidified the deal in a matter of minutes after the Jets picked up Brett Favre. Stop and think... Why didn't the Dolphins go after Favre then? Don't even bother saying he's not long term enough for the Tuna's new regime. What's wrong with wanting to win games?

And how is it possible Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor are no longer with the squad either? Gone in the same year none the less.

I was a season ticket holder for 2 years, '05-'06 & '06-'07. Upper deck 400 section middle endzone tickets for $290/yr. I thought it was a great deal at the time. Getting in to the season ticket rotation right before the Dolphins got better. Now it's a few years later and who know how many games we'll win...1, 2, 5? I got out of the commitment after year two when I couldn't scalp my extra tickets for more than $10. Most people laughed at me for that much.

And now they are letting the Hurricanes play at Joe Robbie. Who knows what's next. I guess the bet is that if they fill up all of the seats combined between Saturday and Sunday, everything's gravy.

I think everything went down hill when Nick Saban passed on Devin Hester. The Bears really cleaned up on him. How much more exciting would games have been with a home town guy running back kicks like he does. -and this is coming from a Gator fan.

Go Gators.

No comments: