02 August 2008

Shake Shack

After all the hype and checking out all the articles all over online, I finally made it to Shake Shack in NYC at Madison Square Park. I did have to wait in line but I got there with one of my best friends just after they opened @11 so there weren't that many people when we got in line. It still did take quite a bit of time, but that was because the threesome in front of us ordered for their entire floor at their office. The line piled across the park by the time we finished our burgers.

Even though Shake Shack's presentation was traditional and minimalistic with the wax paper open wrapper...we were surprised to be given a big cardboard tray for a single burger. I guess most people wouldn't think twice, but since both my friend and I have been on such a big kick with recycling and the whole green thing, we were shocked at the potential waste. Especially when you see the line for the Shack bubbling out 50+. Here are some shots from our recent experience.

The burger was great and I would rate it very high. I'll definitely be back...who knows when. But there won't be any waiting in line in the winter for me. And no, that isn't lemonade. We ordered Brooklyn Lager's, but were given some kind of hef. It did the trick.

No comments: