03 August 2008

Banana Boat

I went to the Banana Boat in Boynton Beach, FL last night with my family expecting to have a good time like I have had on a few different experiences prior. Reflecting on past experiences, it may have been because I dined at the outside bar. After being seated in the inside dining room we waited quite a while to have a server running by ask us if someone has helped us yet...We obviously replied "no." After we finally got to order our drinks on the next drive by, we had to wait quite a while for them to come.

Anyway, let's get to the burger story...

Many minutes later when we got to talk about food for our orders...I was excited to learn the answer to my burger question, "Are the hamburgers here frozen?" The waitress quickly replied with hand gestures and said "no, they patty them here", making a burger patty motion with her hands and arms. We all ordered and I selected the Jamaican-Me-Crazy burger with fried string onions, Jack cheese, and BBQ sauce.

About 25-30 minutes later our entree's arrived. My burger look very desirable...note the phone pic embedded. I got working on it...cutting it in half as I usually do. Finding that it was a mid-well and not a mid-rare. Either way, the burger was good. Unfortunately, the experience killed the taste. And my girlfriend's salad was warm, oddly enough, mushy mozzarella, and soggy lettuce.
I'll catalog this restaurant to my memory as I should have already...a better bar than a restaurant.

No comments: