16 September 2008

Upper Deck Ale & Sports Grill

I was shocked this past weekend to find that the closest bar to my condo has a great burger. I have only been there a few times in the past and haven't ordered a burger previously. This is because I always assume sports bar's burgers are frozen or otherwise, just not that great. The Upper Deck Ale & Sports Grill really changed my bias against these types of establishments. I am going to have to give more places an outright chance to fail.

That being said, the bleu burger I ordered was an 10 oz. ground sirloin cooked medium - medium/rare. I thought it would have been impossible since my brother and I order our food to go and it was in styrofoam. We would have eaten at the bar, but we truly wanted to watch the "Collision in the Coliseum" (at this point, I'd call it thee Ohio State debacle). I thought for sure they would screw it up the burger as it was to go. But, no! It was great and nearly perfectly cooked. Excellent burger to bun ratio and a perfect spread of bleu cheese. It was a healthy sized patty too.

I look forward to eating an Upper Deck burger again.

No comments: