22 September 2008

Jaxson's sells hamburgers?

A few weeks back I actually dined at Jaxson's. I say this because I have been going there at least every other month. Typically I spend most of my time waiting in line out front for a black raspberry sugar cone with chocolate sprinkles. I always knew you could get food inside but not a burger like this. I was presented with a Salisbury steak shaped meat patty with the standard toppings: lettuce, tomato, and onion. It is served on a hoagie shaped egg roll of sorts. We also ordered some killer Sweet potato fries and had a trio of dipping sauces...check this: maple syrup by recommendation, barbecue sauce by request, and a marshmallow dip by recommendation as well. The fries appeared to be freshly cut and were served in a small metal frying basket. It appeared to be for presentation and it did the trick. When were getting our check we saw the guys next to us getting their order of a couple of foot long hot dogs and some onion rings. Presentation, presentation, presentation. I also received an email today regarding the upcoming SoBe Food & Wine Festival to found out that Jaxson's will be competing at the annual Burger Bash. I was disappointed to not see Le Tub on the list, but happy to see the local representation. ...And you should know that if you bring your entire little league team to Jaxson's they can order a kitchen sink full of ice cream, literally. Make sure to save room for some candy too.

No comments: