02 September 2008

Snow Show in Miami

I went to Slava's Snow Show in Miami a week and a half ago at the new ARSHT Center and have a few things to post.

First let me start by saying the 'show' was definitely interesting. Slow by design, but it ended with a bang and it was full of audience participation. The finale was crazy with lights, cobwebs coming out at you all over, and bouncing balls the size of living rooms. You can see them for yourself in the pics I have posted here.

As far as events go, I'd definitely say it was overpriced. But maybe that's because I typically frequent sporting venues. We shelled out $55/ticket. I'd pay more than $150 for a Gator ticket for a good game but no more than $20 to see this show again.

The ARSHT Center was superb. Great venue. A bit smaller than I expected. But it appeared that the complex had a few interlocking arenas and we were only within one of them. I don't find myself at fine arts facilities often, but this one was pretty nice.

An afternoon at the Snow Show was definitely different for me. It turned out to be a great day with my family. It's rare if ever we are all together, especially out of the house.

In summary, I'd explain the show as a two part super mime show with clowns and colors galore. But what do I know, I'm just a football junkie. Not much of a fine arts guy.

No comments: