17 August 2009

2 recent burgers...

I have been so busy lately that I have a list of blog posts to write up. So, I figured that I'd start with a couple of recent burgers.

The Trainer at The Sports & Social Club in downtown Louisville, Kentucky
I ate at The Sports & Social Club with my friend and we both ordered The Trainer. The Trainer comes with a fried egg, bacon, mushrooms, cheese, red onion, tomato, and lettuce. The burger i was served was cooked as I ordered it, but I can't say the same for my friend's though. Mine tasted pretty good, not a top ten, but worth ordering again. Besides...it's not all the time that you can get a fried egg on top of your burger. Below is a phone camera pic. Here is yet another reason why I should be getting more serious about purchasing a new smart phone.

Cheeseburger at the Stand in New York City
I did not take any pictures at Stand...why bother? Adam Kuban's picture on their home page is enough. I started with a strawberry shake and was quite pleased. I found the straw interesting. It was huge, wide enough to pull up a good size piece of fruit. The cheeseburger was very good. The overall modern yet retro look make you feel like you are at the right place. A painted cow marks the entrance and the open kitchen in back flanks the other end. The staff seems on top of their game. I would note that the presentation is what stands out. Nothing in particular, just consistancy and care put into every plate. A display of quality from the moment of entry to the first bite.

No comments: