29 July 2009

Food

Sometimes I ponder between my desire to host a cooking show and being a restaurant and hotel evaluator. But then I realize it's just a fun dream. I'd be more or less horrible in front of a camera, so maybe the silent 'shopper' is more for me. Maybe someday.

More about food... I made some really good chicken thighs last week lathered in a chimichurri rub. Have I ever told you how much I love using my cast iron blackening pan? I can't wait to try it again with some herbs that have not been in our cabinet for years. I am also looking forward to trying to make some artichoke fritters. Here is a picture of the ones I had tonight at the Bristol in Louisville. Their appearance and texture is quite similar to conch fritters down my way. The older I get the more I like artichoke.
(sorry about the bad pic from my phone)

KET, the local basic cable type channel has had some interesting old school Julia Childs shows lately. I particularly enjoyed the Emeril episode I say yesterday. He made this huge crawfish boil with shrimp, crawfish, corn, artichoke, garlic, potatoes, asparagus, green onions, and some other goodies. Both Emeril and Julia put a brown paper spread over a table and dumped the edible delight in a pile and went to town.

No comments: