18 August 2009

Sprint Early Termination Fee Decision

Have you ever had to pay to get out of your cell phone contract? Check out this article regarding a recent settlement for past Sprint customers and early termination of their contracts. How awesome would it be if we, regular citizens with cell phones, no longer had to have 1 or 2 year commitments with wireless providers.

I understand the concept that customers need to help pay for the wireless provider subsidizing the cost of the device over 2 years, but, if you are unhappy with the service then you should be able to get out. Hopefully this will not lead to any increase in monthly costs.

I'm long overdue for a new device and can't wait to take advantage of the 30 day trial period that most wireless providers offer. My problem is that I can't pick between the Apple iPhone and Blackberry Bold.

Check out these sites to get some of your money back if you have had to pay Sprint over the last 10 years some form of Early Termination Fee.

Sprint ETF Settlement Site

Associated Press

2 comments:

Mr. J said...

Sprint tried to hit me with that fee when I left for Verizon even though I'd been a customer for 4 years. I took it to the BBB and got my money back. The class action lawsuit paperwork I got in the mail made me laugh.

Corey said...

http://www.takebackthebeep.com/ I read about this a while back too and thought it was really a great concept!