02 February 2011

Scheduling Horse Racing

The Live Horse Racing schedule is back in full swing at Gulfstream Park.  The track has been open for a few weeks and one can only find limited information about the Florida Derby.  It's such a surprise that most locals don't even know what the Florida Derby is and that some of the top finishers in that $1 Million dollar race will later compete in the heralded Kentucky Derby a few weeks later.

The race this year has been moved from a Saturday to a Sunday.  Most likely to stop competing against the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament games.  Incidentally the race falls this year on the same weekend as the Final Four.  No wonder why it was pinched in between the last 3 games.

The actual Derby race is normally the 10th of 12 races around 6 in the afternoon - see you there.




Please note I have no facts about the day switch, just pure speculation about a gambling facility trying not to compete with another large gambling event.

1 comment:

10 cent superfecta said...

Wow I have read your article and by the way I found you website
on Google and I think after I read several post on you
website especially this one I have my own opinion about
what should I comment on the next hang out with my boy
friend, maybe today I will tell my friendsabout this one and
get debate.