12 October 2009

Delayed in ATL

Here is a snapshot from my morning spent in the Atlanta Airport (ATL).


The rainy weather created a challenging Monday morning travel scenario. Circling around in a holding pattern in order to get in line to land, delayed flights, cancellations, etc... When asked, the gate agent for my connection she said that I missed the door closing by about 4 minutes. I already missed the original departure time and wasn't sure if the time of the monitors was accurate so I didn't bother running. The last time I ran in an airport with my carry-on, laptop bag, and suit I thought I was going to die and it turned out I had about 15 minutes more because there were 10's of people that were late as well. I vowed from then on not to run anymore. I don't think even if I did run today that I would have made it. I walk so fast and I really didn't lose any time through my concourse journey. We'll, I'm off to Louisville for work...
(written at 12:00 pm ET)

No comments: