20 July 2009

Keep a note pad close by

One of my favorite aspects of staying at a hotel is the pad of paper accompanied by a pen somewhere in the room, some places even have two, and my favorite placement is the one closest to the bed.

This personal preference goes back to my college days when classmates and I would always keep paper and a pen by the bedside to help solve theorums. You're thinking...huh? No really, I was a Math major and we used to go crazy trying to solve theorums and come up with solutions to problems all the time and the worst event was when you woke up in the middle of the night with an answer and then went back to sleep without writing it down.

So this is why we started putting a notebook or tablet close by when going to sleep. This way we'd have an immediate opportunity to jot down our thoughts if we woke up. I still incorporate it into my routine especially when I am on the road for work at hotels.

...Or maybe it's because I'm OCD and don't like forgetting things.

No comments: